Tuscarawas County Calendar of Events
Don’t see your event listed? Submit your information online or call us at (330) 602-2420. It’s completely free!
- This event has passed.
Beyond the Fences of Zoar Garden Tour
June 15, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm| $10
This is not your grandmother’s Garden Tour! The famed Historic Zoar Village Garden will be the site of tours and presentations by Home and Garden experts. With a broader home and garden focus, this year’s event will include the Bimeler House beautifully furnished by Andreas Furniture of Sugarcreek and expertly decorated by Nathan Paternoster of Pam’s Posies.
Private gardens are also open to the public during this special event, and a silent auction of home & garden and lifestyle items will be held. 10 am to 5 pm $10/person tours only; add-on options available for an additional cost include workshops (see below) a catered luncheon at the Zoar Schoolhouse (menu below), and an Afternoon Tea Service at the newly opened Tin Shop Coffee House across from the Zoar Garden.
PLEASE NOTE: You do not need a reservation to take part in the Garden Tour. You DO, however, need to make a reservation for the luncheon, workshops or tea service. Luncheon and tea reservations are due by 5 pm Friday, June 7. Workshop reservations are due by 5 pm Wednesday, June 5 . Please call 330-874-3011 to reserve your place for those activities. We are also offering an add-on option for Afternoon Tea at the Tin House Coffee Shop and will let you know as soon as we having pricing and details.
2019 speakers included with $10 ticket include:
• Planning the Perfect Garden Party: Nathan Paternoster of Pam’s Posies
• The Importance of Pollinators in Your Garden: SWARM – Rom Marinelli and Amy Matthews
• Cooking with Fresh Herbs – Sherry Shie, owner of Shy Cellars
• Decorative Cookie Icing: Gaye Clark, owner of Clark’s Cut It Out Cookies
• Zoar Garden: Scott Gordon, Mayor of Zoar
• Best Books for the Gardener: Laura Hanna, Tuscarawas County Library
• Worm Composting—Fun with Kids: Barbara Dewey
• Holistic Health for the Gardener—Stretching Techniques and Garden Meditations: Sami Jo Slatzer
• Cleaning Your Home Naturally—DIY Home Cleaning Products
• Keynote Speaker To Be Announced
$10 ticket also includes entry into the “All-A-Flutter” Native Ohio Butterly exhibit.
Workshops at $20 each
• Creating a Culinary Herb Pot: Heather Pariso, “Garden Gurl”
• Creating Your Own Garden Sign: Trisha Shamp
Catered Luncheon – $20
Menu: Appetizer, choice of chilled creamy strawberry soup or warm garden vegetable, chicken salad croissant with Waldorf salad and lemon bar or chocolate torte dessert.
Wine by the glass will be offered by the School House Winery.
Proceeds go toward the preservation and educational efforts of Historic Zoar Village.
Afternoon Tea Service – $10
Includes a selection of fine teas and strawberry scone in the newly opened Tin House Coffee Shop. Hear a presentation by Melissa DiGirolamo, owner of the Tin House Coffee House, on their recent renovation process and relaxing piano music.
The Garden Tour will now be an annual event. #ohiofindithere
Submitted events are subject to review by staff before being posted.